Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bathroom phase #1 (or 2?)

I feel like every time we do a job right now, the end result is just a better before picture.  To date, the house has been about making it more live-able.  Running, clean, water.  A dryer vent.  Getting rid of junk we acquired...It's a project, and it has critical path items on it with dependencies.  Like wanting to get to tearing down the kitchen wall.  Before we can do that, we needed to clean, re-wire the electrical panel, protect the well, clean, stop the leaky bathroom sink...etc.

We are quite cozy in our downstairs bathroom.  Not like our main home, where the kids have their own bathrooms, and the parents have their own separate vanities.  Nope, at the river, we are CLOSE.

One shower
One sink
One potty

This is what we saw in our walkthrough.  I swore, I would NEVER use that shower...I guess I am eating my words. 



After some clean up, and getting rid of the nasty STUFF in the bathroom, it is actually very usable.  Very yellow, but useable. 


I was all too happy to get rid of the shower doors.  They were not installed properly.  If you did not shut them JUST RIGHT, you'd end up with water on the floor.  I do see some sub-flooring being replaced in this room when we finally really re-do it. 


This past weekend, Kenny replaced the leaky sink.  Yay!  That sink was a CHALLENGE for the four of us to use, and keep clean.  And every weekend we'd have to empty the bucket one or two times. 
































Here's our "new" sink.  I love the function of it, but not the color...I dream of all white with blue accents in this river bathroom.  We are so thankful for the functioning sink, and the extra storage it provides.  Thanks to Kenny's parents for re-doing their bathroom and giving us their left overs.  So much better than our "original" sink.  



And, of course, the built in paper towel dispenser... our kid visitors have enjoyed it.  I guess we'll keep it there till the overhaul.  It's vintage, and the house came with re-fills.  Gotta love it. 





1 comment:

  1. Nice improvements! I noticed that paper towel dispenser in the first pic - too funny. So, are you thinking white walls and a blue vanity? Maybe some plank walls? hahaha. I know Kenny would love that! ;)

    ReplyDelete